In order to develop new ideas and see new opportunities, we sometimes need to adopt new perspectives and look at things from a different angle. In the field of software testing, the ability to change perspectives is in high demand: in order to ensure high-quality digital products, software testers need to put themselves in the user’s position and develop an understanding of their needs and wishes. With the advancing digitization and the increasing complexity of IT products, the professional field of software testing has become an important industry in recent years – and a real future perspective for IT professionals all over the world. Perspectives: This is also the topic of this new issue of the SQ mag.
In this edition, we would like to look at software quality from different angles.
We hope you enjoy this issue of SQ Mag as much as we have enjoyed putting it together with our guest authors – enjoy the read!
- THE SOFTWARE FROM THE PERSPECTIVE OF THE DEVELOPER AND THE TESTER, TEAMWORK, AND NOT COMPETITION – Luis Francisco Contreras González and Martin Contreras Romo
Teamwork and effective communication are skills that are often taken for granted when in fact, they are one of the most important.
- ISTQB, TMMI, OR TEST AUTOMATION? THREE PILLARS FOR SUCCESS: THE PPT FRAMEWORK – Erik van Veenendaal
Sometimes it helps to look outside of testing or even outside of software development.
- HUMAN – THE NEW QUALITY CRITERION FOR SOFTWARE – Marc Hage Chahine
One of the roles of testing is to protect people from the potential negative impacts of software, and it will sooner or later end up in the realm of legislation, as we have seen with the GDPR.
- SOFTWARE TESTING PERSPECTIVES – Sebastián Víquez López
Nowadays, Agile frameworks are everywhere, but just because you are working on these frameworks does not mean you are doing or being agile.
- TESTING FROM THE PERSPECTIVE OF QUALITY ENGINEERING – Rik Marselis
Some people seem to think it’s only about testing, but that’s just one aspect of the activities in the IT delivery process.